Saturday 21 September 2013

Going Dotty for Charlotte's Birthday!


I greatly appreciated the chance to make some dotty beads as a present for Charlotte's birthday from her father in law. We chose the colours for them together and discussed how many beads should be in the set before hand. It was great fun making something completely as my customer wanted it.

Charlotte got a few photos via text as the beads were 'born' to make sure she was happy with them. Here are the first three beads still on the mandrels!


They shortly made their way into the kiln and then were gently cleaned, polished and photographed ready for going onto the Etsy Shop. The photos came out so well (maybe because of the rainbowy colours), I thought I would make a little mini blog to show them off.


They were great fun to make. Bit tricky to get them all of similar size and dimension, but really satisfying to see the little rainbow family grow under my fingers!



I fitted some little silver cores into the beads afterwards (no pictures of them after this stage am afraid), because I gift wrapped them, and boxed them up, and couldn't wait to get them to Charlotte!

See you soon

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love them and they have been very much admired. Lovely to see them at the various stages of work in progress. They are going to be worn A LOT! x

    ReplyDelete