Saturday 16 May 2015

Dotty Pebbles!




I have been having a little fascination with these pebble beads recently. Ive made three different sets using the same technique and I don't think it's out of my system yet!

It's quite neat as you use 3 colours only (in this case Turquoise, Black and bright Red) Then you use them in rotation to make a set of encased beads. 

I love the way the ringed dots 'float' on the surface of the clear and give the bead more depth and shine.


Here's the whole set!



I loved the shape of this pendant. A lovely cylinder with curved edges!



 

Here's the brightly coloured chunky pendant. It looks stunning on the wrist!





This was the alternative pendant. A more characteristic pebble shape with a bit more texture on the outside!






This one was the one everyone fell in love with. The colours are Ivory, Stone and Ebony! It looks very classy on the wrist!




(close up)


And the other thing I did was to add a beaded extender - so it can be worn as a necklace! Clever eh?




The last one for today was made around the time that Princess Charlotte was born. This bracelet is made up with a pure sterling silver clasp and findings and it's good old patriotic Red, White and Blue!




Thank you for reading my blog - feel free to suggest more 'three colour options' for more sets like this!! I think I will be making more!!! ;-) xx

2 comments: