Monday 9 February 2015

Festival Beads - Spring Has Sprung Early!


These beads were a bit different for me. I wanted something light and fun and I fancied doing some more fine pattern work using dots and gravity. I love them!

Back along I did a series of five or six beads that I called the Festival Collection. See below:


I wanted to do something using a similar technique but using a much brighter, lighter palette, and as you can see the beads came out with a slightly different feel.



I chose some 'spring' like colours. Some vibrant brights and other pastel shades. I had to make the stringers really thin as some of the detailed dots needed to be really tiny.









This is a hexagonal bead with bobbles. Layers of white and colour gradually getting smaller as they get to the top. I love the zing of this one!




This lime and turquoise one is also very zesty....









This is a calmer pastel take on the Spring look. Delicate minty green, aqua and soft purple....















Lime green and white... Energetic, lively and bouncy....







Ooh I love this one! It grades from a deep (almost purple) blue to a limey (almost yellow) green. It's light and sunny; you really feels like you could get lost in it. The large ring of six dots on either side merge into each other in the centre to make a pleasing zigzag.







Blue sky thinking.... This one reminds me of ceramics. I used some CIM glass in 'ming' and 'electric blue' for this and because I heated it quite crazily the glass colours have spread to create a 'fuzzy' edge. At first I thought I might have messed it up, but I actually like the effect its made...






 Lastly, this one is quite unusual. It has a twist on one side and a swirl which grades darker and darker purple towards the centre.. On the other side there are some purple and black simple dots...



Finally, here they are (except for the purple one) on a bracelet. They look so zingy, peppy and lively together....




Thanks for viewing this blog xx


No comments:

Post a Comment